Same and next day private appointments for your patients with acute or undiagnosed symptoms.
There is no need for a referral, your patients can simply call 0800 328 3421 to book their appointment, available Monday – Friday, 2pm - 6pm.
Cases we treat
This service is for adult patients wishing to get fast access to diagnosis and treatment for urgent eye problems such as:
- Unexplained sudden change in vision
- Eye infection
- Dry eye
- Contact lens problems
- Eye pain, redness or swelling
All of the clinic’s consultants have close ties with the Moorfields NHS Foundation Trust’s A&E service. We are happy to see patients with both acute and persistent symptoms, which may not always qualify as an emergency case, but nevertheless are worrying for your patients.
Cases we don’t treat
Urgent paediatric cases should be directed to a specialist paediatric consultant or to the local Emergency Eye Service. Patients with diagnosed conditions including retinal detachments/tears should book their appointments with the specialist consultants.
Patients with sudden onset double vision should be discussed with the local Emergency Eye Service and not sent to this clinic.
What can your patients expect at their appointment?
- Initial nurse-led assessment including visual acuity test
- Any additional tests the consultant may request (at additional cost)
- Consultation with one of world-leading Moorfields consultants
- Prescription medication as needed (at additional cost)
- Follow up care and specialist referral as needed
All recommendations and any additional charges will be discussed with your patients during their consultation.
Information for your patients
You can share this link with more information about the Rapid Access and Urgent Care Clinic with your patients.