- What are package prices?
- What is included?
- What is not included?
- What are the benefits of choosing a package?
- What are the benefits of choosing to pay separately (not a package)?
- Which conditions do you offer package prices for?
A package price bundles the common fees associated with a procedure into one price. This often represents a discount compared to paying for all the items individually.
For each procedure with a package price, the team will be able to provide a list of the consultations, scans, tests, procedures, follow up consultations and consumables (such as lenses) which are included within the package.
We charge for the initial consultation separately and also at a fixed rate. This is to allow patients the opportunity to discuss the treatment or procedure with their consultant before committing to the full package price.
Any additional scans, tests or upgrades that are not part of the routine package are not included in the package price. Our package prices are designed to cover what every patient needs who is going through that procedure. However, in some and more complex cases, a consultant may need to request additional diagnostic tests or scans to ensure the best outcome for you.
For example, most patients don’t require a B-SCAN before undergoing a cataract operation. However, in rare cases the consultant cannot adequately see the back of the eye in the initial consultation and the consultant will recommend an additional B-SCAN to ensure that the procedure can be carried out safely. This would be charged in addition to the package price.
The consultant will advise you if there are any additional costs before they are incurred.
There are three main benefits to choosing a package price:
- Peace of mind: know how much you are likely to pay up front in a fixed fee
- More cost-effective: package prices are better value than booking each appointment or test individually
- Less paperwork: pay once rather than having to pay multiple invoices
There are two main benefits of choosing to pay separately:
- Choose your consultant: you can request to be treated by any consultant at Moorfields Private. For patients who opt for the package price, we will allocate a relevant consultant to treat you
- Choose your appointment time: we will give you a full choice of appointment time and dates so you can fit your appointments more easily around your work or lifestyle. Patients who choose a package price will have fewer options for appointment times and dates
Moorfields currently offers package prices for unilateral and bilateral:
If you would like to know more about our services or book an appointment please call our New Patient Team.
If you are already a patient at Moorfields Private and have an enquiry, please contact your consultant’s practice manager.
If you have an enquiry, we are here to help you, please fill out the form below and we will get back to you shortly.
What would you like to ask us?
Your frequently asked questions regarding a package price consultants
Paying for treatment
If you are covered by private medical insurance, please verify the details with your insurer prior to arrival and if possible, obtain a pre-authorisation number.
You don’t have to be insured to come to Moorfields Private. Many of our patients pay for their own treatment.
If a company, employer or other third party agrees to settle your account, they will be required to provide a letter of guarantee along with a deposit.