Moorfields Eye Hospital NHS Foundation Trust has today launched a new five-year strategy which for the first time brings together all aspects of its work across clinical care, research and education and applies to its NHS and private services, both in the UK and internationally.
The strategy for 2017-2022 sets out Moorfields’ core belief which is ‘people’s sight matters’ and a new organisational purpose to ‘work together to discover, develop and deliver the best eye care’.
Moorfields’ strategy for 2017-2022 builds on its original ‘Vision of excellence’ launched in 2012. It outlines eight objectives which includes ambitions to:
• Pioneer patient-centred care with exceptional clinical outcomes and excellent patient experience.
• Be at the leading edge of research, making new discoveries with our partners and patients.
• Innovate by sharing our knowledge and developing tomorrow’s experts.
The strategy also includes a number of new objectives:
• Collaborate to shape national policy including clinical and professional standards that impact its patients, staff and services.
• Have an infrastructure and culture that supports innovation which includes delivering against capital development projects such as our new research, education and clinical care centre in the Kings Cross/St Pancras area by 2024 in collaboration with UCL and Moorfields Eye Charity.
• Be enterprising to support and fund our ambitions by investing in our commercial activities both in the UK and overseas.